“No-one knows” – Klopp provides disappointing injury update for 25-year-old superstar

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said “no-one knows” when Sadio Mane will return to action.

The 25-year-old Senegalese forward sustained a hamstring injury whilst on international duty recently, and was subsequently ruled out for six weeks, but he’s been included in their squad for the World Cup qualifiers against South Africa on November 10 and 14.

Mane, who is equally important for Senegal, according to his national team manager Aliou Cisse could return to return to training next week, something Klopp has swiftly dismissed.

“I don’t know how he can know. I don’t know, that’s how it is,” he said, as reported by the Liverpool Echo.

“Sadio is still in rehab, indoor, he was not even on any exercise outside. That’s the situation at the moment.

“If he’s fit earlier I’d be really happy but no-one knows in this moment. Nothing else to say.

“They have very important games, at least one anyway, they need one point from two games I think to qualify for the World Cup so I imagine they feel the pressure a little bit.”

Since joining from Southampton last summer Mane has been a revelation for the Reds. He’s so far played 38 matches under Jurgen Klopp scoring 16 goals and creating a further 10 for his teammates.

To date, he’s missed 26 matches through a combination injuries, suspensions and being on international duty, with the Reds often looking indifferent without him.

Next up for Klopp’s men is a trip to Wembley where they entertain an equally ambitious Tottenham Hotspur side.