Liverpool up offer for attacker, €80m + a player on loan, waiting for answer

After yesterday’s reports that Liverpool had made a €72m + €8m bid for Monaco’s Thomas Lemar, Tuesday sees the Reds make an improved offer for him, suggesting the original attempt had been pushed back.

L’Equipe on Tuesday are reporting that Jürgen Klopp’s side sent the renewed bid on Monday, which also includes a player in the shape of Divock Origi.

The French newspaper claim that Liverpool have offered €80m + the former Lille starlet to try and convince the Ligue 1 champions to let go of a key man they aren’t exactly interested in seeing leave this summer.

With Kylian Mbappé heading to Paris Saint-Germain in what will become the second most expensive transfer in the world after Neymar’s, Monaco don’t exactly need the money.

Furthermore, the breakdown of the offer, which is said to be €50m paid up front with the remaining €30m to be paid next year, isn’t as attractive as €80m up front for them, and with claims in Italy that an agreement between the principality club and Lazio has been found for Keita Baldé, do the Ligue 1 side really need Origi, especially on loan?

We’ll have to see if Monaco do agree, but Liverpool are said to still be waiting for an answer.