Kalidou Koulibaly’s agent has broken his silence following speculation linking the Napoli defender with a big-money move to the Premier League this summer.
The 26-year-old centre-back has made 119 appearances for Napoli since his debut back in 2014 and his outstanding performances in Italy are understood to have caught the eye of both Chelsea and Liverpool.
It’s believed Napoli would have considered an offer of around £52million for Koulibaly in the summer but the Senegal international decided to stay on at the Stadio San Paolo to win silverware.
His agent Bruno Satin told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: ‘The Scudetto pact?
‘Kalidou stayed because he has a strong contract and he knows that with these teammates and this staff they can have important ambitions and try to win the Scudetto.’
Antonio Conte is an avid admirer of Koulibaly and has expressed a strong interest in the defender during his two summers at Chelsea.
Back in June, Satin told Mondo Napoli: ‘Koulibaly? The transfer market is long as it will be open until August 31, something might happen before then.
‘Chelsea? They are a world class team that many players would like to join but I don’t want to talk about this now.’
The Senegalese, who was named in the Serie A Team of the Year last season, is tied into a contract at Napoli until the summer of 2021.
Chelsea eventually settled on a £29m deal for Antonio Rudiger, with the Germany defender signing a five-year deal with the Premier League champions last month.