LIVERPOOL could face a huge blow in their hope of signing Jorginho in the summer with Manchester United reportedly set to swoop in with a £50million bid.
Jurgen Klopp is expected to bring in more recruits in the summer in a bid to close the gap to Manchester City and the midfield area is one he wants to bolster.
Naby Keita will become a Liverpool player in July 1 after a fee was agreed with RB Leipzig last year but the club are not yet certain whether Emre Can will choose to remain at Anfield.
And they have seemingly targeted Napoli star Jorginho as a possible replacement for the Germany international.
However the Reds are not the only ones interested in signing the 26-year-old.
That’s according to the Daily Star, who claim Liverpool’s Premier League rivals United are ready to swoop in.
It is said the Red Devils are prepared to pay as much as £50m to bring Jorginho to Old Trafford.
Jose Mourinho has reportedly sent scouts to watch the Italy international in action for Napoli and has been impressed by what he has heard.
Jorginho would be ideally suited for both United and Liverpool with the Premier League clubs desperate to bring in a defensive-minded midfielder.
Klopp admitted during the January transfer window that he has a long list of targets he wants Liverpool to take a look at, suggesting Fenway Sports Group will back him in the transfer market.
“Our situation is always the same, we really look (for players) all year,” Klopp said.
“So why should I stop now only because January 31 is nearly here?
“We do that all the time. Nothing has changed. The only thing is with one or two players we maybe have to make a decision is it for now or is it for the summer? That’s the only difference.
“But look, we are constantly looking, my iPad is full of players from all over the world. That’s what we do.”