Jurgen Klopp has once again swatted aside rumours linking star man Philippe Coutinho with a move away from Liverpool this summer.
While talk about the possible signings of Virgil van Dijk and Naby Keita has dominated the summer, Coutinho’s future has been just as big a talking point.
Endless reports have suggested the Brazilian will be a Barcelona player by the end of August, especially if his international team-mate Neymar joins Paris Saint-Germain.
Klopp has consistently said that arguably his most important player will not be leaving Anfield, however, and that stance hasn’t changed one bit.
“He is not available for sale,” Klopp told reporters in Germany, ahead of his side’s clash with Bayern Munich on Tuesday. “There is no other interpretation of that.”
The Liverpool manager also confirmed that the Premier League title is very much the aim going into 2017/18, following last year’s fourth-placed finish.-
“Yes, we’ll be going for the championship this season,” he added.
“We don’t start a season by not having any ambitions. We have our goals.”
If the Reds are to mount a genuine league assault this season, keeping hold of Coutinho is absolutely paramount.
The 25-year-old has shown in pre-season what a special talent he is, producing some majestic moments against the likes of Leicester City and Hertha Berlin